We’re in a singles class at the training right now and it’s very insightful and helpful. I know that my identity is not wrapped up in marriage, or even singleness. I am complete in Christ. I am whole- NOW. Even if I get married, that is not a guarantee against being alone for life. Married people can become single this afternoon. So I want to be content in Him. God has made us in such a way that we can never be fully satisfied in anything but Himself. So I surrender my desires and needs to Him.
Jesus, if this is Your will,
then YES to being single.
In my deepest heart, i want to marry,
to belong to a great man;
to know that i am linked to his life . . .
and he to mine . . .
following Christ and our dreams together . . .
but You know what i need.
if i never marry, it is YES to You.
-Ann Kiemel Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment