Saturday, April 9, 2011

Today isn't over yet

How often do I give up on my morning, on my day, on my week, before it has really started?  If the morning hasn't started out well, I think, 'Just get through class, then the day will be better.'  So often, I get home around 8pm, collapse on my couch, and sigh, ‘I’m so happy to be done with this DAY!’  If Monday and Tuesday were hard, sometimes I forget about the potential good to be found in Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday- I'm just wishing for the weekend.  Yes, I give up because of the negative things I've experienced.  I forget about all the time I still have, which I could spend with people and even be encouraged. 

It's the same way on a larger scale, as well, for life.  Years and years of sin or abuse have a way of wearing us down and making us want to give up.  There is nothing too big for God that He can't redeem.  Whether its a yucky morning, a hard first half of the week, or a sinful first 40 years- God makes beauty from ashes.  He can restore the years the locusts have eaten.

That's all......Just- don’t give up too soon.  It ain’t over till it’s over.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment