Sunday, November 14, 2010

What is a Dream?

My dream....
My dream has forever brought a smile to my lips.
As a child, my dream consumed my thoughts in play and in sleep.
As I've grown, my dream has crept deeper into my heart, yet farther from my mind.

Still...my dream remains very much alive.

My dream....
       That beautiful fancy that ignored, haunts my mind....
                                     that dismissed, disquiets my heart....
                                                that snubbed, leaves me wanting....wondering.

What is a dream?
Is it a gift from God?
If it is then God-ordained, how shall I proceed?
Shall I go forward in pursuit?

But what if my dream is but a distraction?
Oh, I am terrified that I should be found pursuing a temporal preoccupation.

Shall I say,
                                  'Oh, Child, impossible dreamer!
                                   Look where your fancies have led you?
                                   Discontented and misled....
                                   Begone from my thoughts, hopeless wishing!
                                   Afterall, I am grown and must act as such.
                                   This, my dream, was merely a child's play...'
                                  
Yet suppose...

Suppose my dream IS God-given?
Suppose His ways are not mine?
Suppose His thoughts are far above my own?

Who am I to say which path will bring God the most glory?
I know not but to trust.
He will lead.

Then shall I not simply hold my dream with open hands, trusting the Lord's leading?

My dream....
My dream, I will leave to His keeping.
After all, I believe my dream is also His.

No comments:

Post a Comment