Sunday, July 3, 2011

HE is Faithful....

He is faithful, yes?

Yes.  Yes, He is faithful  But here’s the catch- He is faithful to HIMSELF and in bringing glory to Himself…NOT necessarily in the ways WE think He SHOULD be.

God promised Abram that His descendants would be as numerous as the stars in the sky and the sands on the seashore.  And God was still faithful when Abram was 40, and 60, 75, and 98…when he and his wife were FAR past the age of having children.

God promised that He would lead the Israelites into the Promised Land.  He was faithful through the 400 years in Egypt.  He was faithful even when they stood before the Red Sea.  He was faithful though they had no food in the desert: He rained it down to them. He was faithful THOUGH they sinned in the wilderness and He had to lead them back to the wilderness for another 40 years.   It all worked out in His perfect timing.  Though they were not obedient and God certainly could have revoked his end of the deal, He never did.  HE WAS FAITHFUL.

God was faithful to send the Deliverer whom He had promised to Adam and Eve.  When Jesus came, though, the people didn’t see Him for who He was, because He did not come in the way THEY THOUGHT.  They missed God’s faithfulness because they wanted him to be faithful in THEIR way.

It’s the same way for me…for us.  He has said that He will freely give wisdom to those whi ask.  He has promised to provide all of our needs. Well, I NEED His wisdom and His direction.  But recently, I learned that though I would LIKE to have a direction for the rest of my life right now, that is not what God has promised.  He has promised to give wisdom, but all I NEED is the direction for today.  I thought that I needed to know where my food is coming from for this week.  But no, all I need is the next meal when I’m hungry.  And God will be faithful to provide, and to sustain me when His provision comes in a way different from how I anticipate it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment