Blogging is kinda scary though....what if something I say comes out wrong? And also you have to be real in a blog. If you're not gonna be honest, why put it out there to the world? All of the people who really know you will end up posting 'that's not true,' anyway. Well, I'll talk...and be as real as I know how...and pray that God will determine how my words hit people.
So I started a blog. And I have to be honest. Ok. *deep breath* Here goes....
I don't want to be a missionary.
Whew! Ok, I know, I know....I shouldn't say that. But the thing is, well, the idea terrifies me. Life is hard enough in the US. And here, at least I know I will be warm, clothed, fed, and in contact with my family and friends.
But I'm going...and not kicking and screaming, either. I don't want to 'be a missionary.' They have to go through terrible, horrifying experiences, and deal with all kinds of uncertainty and rejection. So, I'm tricking myself. Instead of 'going to be a missionary,' I'm looking at it as 'taking this life I have to live, overseas!' Yeah! :)
But seriously. Why should I stay here and be comfortable, unless God divinely intervenes in my life? I'd much rather walk forward in faith under the Great Commission, unless God divinely intervenes and tells me to STAY.
And the reason I CAN go, despite my fears? Well, it's because I believe that the God who has been faithful to me thus far will continue to be. This thing I'm embarking on...well, it would fail, I would fail unless God shows up. I'm excited to watch Him come through in unanticipated ways.
So I just want to say this about that:
'Each time he said,
'In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.' -1 Peter 5:10
It'll be worth it, I know...
No comments:
Post a Comment